Summer is here and you’ve just booked your backpacking holiday, but what on earth do you wear to hike up a mountain in the middle of Asia?
If the hipster harem pants look is not for you, DON’T PANIC. We have the answer.
Be Practical but Stylish
The first and most important item…. the backpack. This is going to hold your entire life contents over the next coming weeks. So, it obviously needs to be practical (boring, we know), but don’t fret.
With brands such as Hype, Nicce and Superdry, there are many options to stay stylish and be able to fit in all the essentials.
The same goes for footwear. You will probably only have room for one or two pairs of shoes. We recommend trainers for all the walking/hiking/exploring you are going to do, plus, a pair of flip flops or sliders. Super narrow so will easily fit in your bag and ideal for those more chilled out days.
Mix and Match
Having a few versatile, staple items is what will save you on the fashion front when on your backpacking holiday. Simplicity is key.
Staple items include…
- A white tee – goes. with. everything.
- Polo shirt – a dressier option if you hit the bars.
- Shorts – jersey shorts, swimming shorts, denim shorts – pack shorts. LOTS OF SHORTS.
- Jumper – a zip up hoodie or sweatshirt is a necessity but only pack ONE.
- Playsuit/jumpsuit – one for the girls. Minimal effort required and a stylish choice.
- Bum bag/cross body bag – crucial for keeping your personal belongings safe. (also, ideal for when you leave your backpack at your hostel but still need to carry the essentials)
Mixing and matching these items will allow you to put together cool but casual outfits, be comfortable and still look like a boss.
TOP TIP: some cultures prefer their guests to cover up when in certain areas or landmarks – hence why many sport the harem pant! So, pack at least one longer pair of trousers/skirt.